IMPORTANT – READ BELOW
To our customers and community:
This is a critical moment in our world, country and communities. With the situation evolving quickly, we must all do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Following along with the Pastoral Office of the Diocese of Winona-Rochester, City, State and Federal officials, our office will be closed immediately to walk-in business until further notice.
With the nature of this National Emergency, the services that we provide to our community do remain critical, now more than ever. Because of this, we remain committed to our community and will continue to help families who need our assistance, and those who have suffered a loss – please see below:
Our office will not be staffed throughout the day. However, essential staff will still be available during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. by phone: 507-452-2769 and by email: [email protected]. If you are directed to voicemail during regular business hours, please leave a message. Your call will be returned as promptly as possible.
If a loved-one has passed away, an appointment will be needed for scheduling their services. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Please limit the number of family members that are to be present for the funeral planning. We ask that only one or two individuals are delegated for the planning process.
- If you find yourself with any symptoms such as cold, fever, cough, chest pain/pressure or shortness of breath we ask that you delegate another family member to meet with us.
- If you have been exposed to anyone who has been showing symptoms of COVID-19, again, we ask that you delegate another family member to meet with us.
- It is with great sadness that we must limit funeral attendance to 10 immediate family members or less to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
- All funeral services will be held at the grave side, as the chapel will remain closed at this time.
Please read below for answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Winter decorations must be removed before Sunday, April 5th – this date has been extended from March 30th. All decorations left in the cemetery from April 6th through the 9th will be removed and disposed of by staff.
- Spring decorations may be placed in cemetery issued stands beginning Good Friday, April 10th.
- Those who typically receive invoices for spring flowers should be seeing them arrive around April 15th. Payments will be accepted through May 15th. Any new customers who would like to purchase flowers are welcome to contact the office by phone or email.
- Payment Processing – Please mail payment or process a credit card payment by visiting www.smcofwinona.org or by calling the office.
- You may request grave locations and submit genealogy questions by email or through our website. However, the staff that typically responds to these requests are non-essential staff and it is unknown when they be returning to the office. They will respond to these items in the order in which they were received, upon their return.
✞ As we continue our daily lives in this changing reality, let’s work to protect, care and pray for one another. Even from afar we are in this together, and with God’s help, we will overcome this.
Welcome to our new website! Our newly updated site has been created with you in mind and we encourage you to explore. You will find that our new website is mobile friendly and full of information about who we are and the work we provide. We have remodeled and reorganized to provide the best possible experience for you.
Saint Mary’s Cemetery offers a variety of services including site maintenance, decorations, monument and head stones, and a genealogy database. You can find all of our services in the menu bar for your convenience. We understand that you may have questions and we encourage you to reach out to us through our contact form. We are always happy to talk. Everyone is welcome here.
Saint Mary’s Cemetery is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a peaceful resting place for the faithful departed. Our mission is to provide a Holy Place for burial as part of the believer’s journey to resurrected life with the Lord. Donations allow us to maintain our pristine grounds, continue to grow our genealogy database, meet families’ needs and much more. We appreciate all donations and monetary gifts can be made by visiting the donation page.
From everyone at Saint Mary’s Cemetery, we thank you for visiting our site and hope you have a pleasant day!