Saint Mary’s Cemetery Decoration Policy is intended to preserve the natural beauty of the cemetery. The following are provided as guidelines for cemetery procedures:
Mausoleum and Columbarium Decoration Policy
All decorations must be placed in the vases attached to the niche or crypt front only. Decorations may not be placed on the ground by the columbarium. In the case of a funeral service, exceptions can be made by contacting the cemetery.
Burial Niche Decoration Policy
- All cremated remains must be placed in a cemetery-approved sealed bronze, wood, marble, granite, or industry-approved container. Tackle boxes, decorative tins, etc. are not acceptable.
- Only specific vases, photos, emblems, medallions are allowed and must be installed by our cemetery staff. Only one vase and/or one photo is allowed per niche.
- Under no circumstance may any item be glued, taped, or in any other way affixed directly on the niche or name plate. Such placements will be removed and disposed of immediately.
- Decorations may be placed in the vases specified above except during scheduled cleanup times.
- Decorations may not be place on the ground by the columbarium. For special occasions such as a birthday or anniversary, exceptions can be made by contacting the cemetery.
Crypt Decoration Policy
The decorations for crypts are limited to approved decorations attached to the face of the crypt such as flower vases, small crosses and veteran symbols. Holiday, Birthday or Anniversary decorations may be temporarily (2 weeks) mounted on the crypt cover as long as they do not interfere with neighboring covers. Any decorations not meeting these requirements may be removed by cemetery staff.
Flags are permitted provided they are placed in the approved containers as stated above and conform to the overall height restrictions not to exceed 30 inches, (including container). Flags will be removed when and if they become tattered, faded or unsightly.
Decoration Removal Policy
If a decoration is not permitted, deemed inappropriate or has deteriorated, it will be removed and discarded without notice.